Are these Hamburgs, Sebrights ??? and is this a pure BR???

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
We just picked up the two little ones from a lady who hatched eggs for us. We sent her silky eggs and when I got these two today she said I'm not sure they are silkies. They are NOT silkies! She put some of her own eggs under the hen too. She has Silver sebrights and Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Which do you think they are???

SebrightorHamburgchick-1.jpg

4babiesApril08.jpg

The little ones are 2 days old the two larger ones we hatched ourselves are 10 days old.
Not sure if the size matters at that age.
Also Does anyone have any opinion as to weather the black one is a Barred Rock or a cross? The white one is a silky (feathered feet, beard, 5 toes and blue beak)

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Last edited:
the two little ones with the black stripes with grey on the back look just like my little silver sebrights!
smile.png
and the black one with the white on head looks like one of mine but am not sure what it is :|

I am thinking hamburgs with the lil ones, silver sebright chicks usually have completely blue legs and a strong bluish hue on the beak. The ones I have raised over the years have never been that light in colour either.

Last edited:
I hope they are Hamburgs at least that way they are a little bigger. The little bantys we have right now drive me nuts, They will not stay in there pen even when we clip wings. Everynight we have to go out and pull them all out of the dog house and put them back in there pen.
If they are sebrites anyone want some chickens?? lol
THanks for all the input if anyone has an opinion on the Black one let me know.
Melissa

To me they look like the chicks pictured in McMurray catalog of both the SS and SSH but I can't tell. They are starting to get there wing feathers the color is straighter like the pic of the hamburg then the SS I really don't know guess I will just wait and see. They are 1 wk old today. They have blueish legs but there toes are yellow. Beaks are yellow.Not sure what else to look for.
Thanks again Ill repost pictures next week when they are 2 wks

Back
Top Bottom