Augusta county general agricultural zone laws

Momofmany8

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2022
I live in Augusta county, outside of the town of Crimora, Va. From what I can tell my property is on a GA zone and is .83 acres. I can’t seem to find what the law allows for in regards to how many chickens are permitted and if I would be able to sell any access eggs we have (though with 8 kids there might not be too many leftovers 😜)

Would anyone be able to help me figure out what I would be permitted to do and how many we would be permitted to have? (All adjoining neighbors are very supportive)

I live in Augusta county, outside of the town of Crimora, Va. From what I can tell my property is on a GA zone and is .83 acres. I can’t seem to find what the law allows for in regards to how many chickens are permitted and if I would be able to sell any access eggs we have (though with 8 kids there might not be too many leftovers 😜)

Would anyone be able to help me figure out what I would be permitted to do and how many we would be permitted to have? (All adjoining neighbors are very supportive)
I live in Augusta County as well. Being that you are zoned GA, on .8 acres, you can have up to 100 chickens without a permit. I know this because my husband and I are fighting the ordinance in Augusta County as it pertains to Rural residential. The director of Community Development in the county, John Wilkinson, told us personally. But, in our situation, we have 5 acres and had to get a permit for 4 chickens. The ordinance will, hopefully, be changing soon! I think you can also sell your eggs without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom