Automatic chicken pop door closing too early

LynnTXchickenmom

Chirping
Aug 22, 2022
We just installed the $25 automatic pop door yesterday. It worked great to open at sunrise this morning. At dusk, though, it closed before any chickens had returned to the coop. They were standing outside by the ramp to the closed door at dusk, so I shined a flashlight on the sensor. The door opened, they went in, it closed.

I understand I have a cheap door. Is there any way to train them to go in earlier? I’d rather try that than buy another more expensive door or keep this and have to put them to bed every evening. Thanks.

We just installed the $25 automatic pop door yesterday. It worked great to open at sunrise this morning. At dusk, though, it closed before any chickens had returned to the coop. They were standing outside by the ramp to the closed door at dusk, so I shined a flashlight on the sensor. The door opened, they went in, it closed.

I understand I have a cheap door. Is there any way to train them to go in earlier? I’d rather try that than buy another more expensive door or keep this and have to put them to bed every evening. Thanks.
I had the very same issue, chickens getting locked out by a cheap automatic door. Here's how I solved it fairly simply using a light socket and a timer:
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRm79Gfe/

Back
Top Bottom