Automatic Coop Door Opener Recommendations - Ontario

Hi, I also live in Michigan and just got the T50 model but I will not even get it out of the box because it is less than 8 in. wide. That is too small for may ISA Brown, RIR, and Americauna. They are not a year old and they are big girls. I need something goo for the cold, wide enough for the girls with room to grow and no electricity on coop. I just have an extension cord for a light at night when I got tuck them in. Many of the ones in here are about the same. Any other choices? Thanks in advance.

Yeah you can plug the extreme in as well, but it did fine just on battery over the winter. The issues with it failing to close happened over the spring. Run chicken can be purchased on Amazon and the mechanism is such that when it's closed it's locked.
I just got one last week and there is no choice to plug it in at all. Can you provide a picture? I got mine in Amazon as well. The only problem I am having is that my girls go in by 730 and up in roosts by 8pm. The door closes by 832pm and it is already dark outside. The programming instructions only states if I want it closed later than the factory default. I have to figure this out soon so I can return it if not. I want it to close at a certain time. I looked at the JVR that I can control it with Alexa or Google assistants but I do not know if anyone has had any experiences with it in the cold weather. It does gets cold here in West Michigan.

I just got one last week and there is no choice to plug it in at all. Can you provide a picture? I got mine in Amazon as well. The only problem I am having is that my girls go in by 730 and up in roosts by 8pm. The door closes by 832pm and it is already dark outside. The programming instructions only states if I want it closed later than the factory default. I have to figure this out soon so I can return it if not. I want it to close at a certain time. I looked at the JVR that I can control it with Alexa or Google assistants but I do not know if anyone has had any experiences with it in the cold weather. It does gets cold here in West Michigan.
Are you talking about the chicken guard extreme or the run chicken?

I got the omlet door, as I liked the sideways option for my design. I haven't had it through a winter yet but hopefully it's all good! We def got to -25 this winter... but usually it's more like -15ish

I have the run chicken automatic door. I finally was able to learn how to configure the times from their website. Now with all that is happening in the east of Europe, the site sometimes is down but then it comes back up. I ihave not had any problem with the door so far. It survived Michigan winter. Just changed the battery and keeps on working.

I have the run chicken automatic door. I finally was able to learn how to configure the times from their website. Now with all that is happening in the east of Europe, the site sometimes is down but then it comes back up. I ihave not had any problem with the door so far. It survived Michigan winter. Just changed the battery and keeps on working.
Thanks for that info! I now recall that they are manufactured over there …

Back
Top Bottom