Baby chick clear liquid excrement, is this normal?

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
I just noticed that my 5-day old baby chick just pooped clear liquid (and quite a bit). There was just a little poop in there. She's done that twice in the past 30 mins. I know she was pooing normal earlier today. She seems otherwise fine. She does seem to drink more than she eats. She does not have pasty butt.

Should I be concerned?

I'd just keep an eye on her.

If she's drinking a lot, then the poop will be a bit more watery.

Is she eating o.k.?
I see her peck at the food but she doesn't seem to eat a lot. I just made some mash for them (3 chicks. The other 2 are 2 weeks old but they all get along great with her). They haven't tried it yet though.

The same thing is happening to my girl - she's eating and drinking ok but the poo is 90% water with some regular chick poo and urea. Was your baby ok? Anything that I can do to help mine?

The same thing is happening to my girl - she's eating and drinking ok but the poo is 90% water with some regular chick poo and urea. Was your baby ok? Anything that I can do to help mine?
Hi. Yes she was completely fine after 2-3 days of clear poo. She definitely stopped drinking so much and I guess the balance was right again.
I now have a 1 month old who has a lot of clear water in her poo. But she eats and drinks great so I'm not too worries.
Hope your baby's poo gets back to normal soon too. But I don't think it's anything bad if everything else seems right...eating, drinking, active, no pasty butt, etc.

What a relief- thank you! Sounds like she will be fine too since her activity level is regular and there is no blood present and no pasty butt. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom