Baby chick with wry neck/ twisted neck

kdbacon1

Chirping
Jun 12, 2020
I had 2 babies hatch Friday. Both from a millie d'flurre hen, silkie roo. They both were both without function on one side. Couldn't stand or walk. The hen it's newer to me and not very friendly. Won't eat even im around. She seemed a little under weight when I got her but looks healthy now although still not a fan of people. I started giving the chicks vitamin e and selenium right away. 1 pulled thru and is doing great! The other got worse the 1st night and now just seems to not improve or get worse. The neck is twisted and still can't stand. Seems to have gotten worse by trying to move and ended up liking like it's head is on sideways. They were born Friday, it's now Tuesday and still the same. Im still doing the vit e & selenium, I'm hand feeding it because it can't eat in its own due to the twisted neck and can't stand. Its trying to live clearly. It's happy when I hold it but can't hold it 24/7. What would you do? Put it down even tho it seems to want to live? Or will this be a forever issue? Will it eventually die with this twisted neck either way? Has anyone ever had this happen?

Attachments

• 20201012_175913.jpg
    20201012_175913.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201012_180013.jpg
    20201012_180013.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 3
Try giving some thiamine (vitamins B 1) as well, since some types of wry neck can be from thiamine deficiency. Try feeding a little egg yolk and wet mushy chick feed.

Back
Top Bottom