Baby chick wont stop chirping, unless held.

Shae_07

Hatching
Mar 8, 2022
Hey, I should probably start this off by saying, my name's Shaelynn and I'm 14! I bought a baby chick on friday! But she will not stop chirping until I hold her? And when I sit her on the floor to play, she just follows me around! I mean it's cute and all but I'm tired and she won't let me sleep! Please give me advice! Is there music I can play for her? She is kept in the right temperature, she has fresh food and water that she eats and drinks regularly, and she has a stuffed animal! She also has Blankets and a heat lamp!

Hey, I should probably start this off by saying, my name's Shaelynn and I'm 14! I bought a baby chick on friday! But she will not stop chirping until I hold her? And when I sit her on the floor to play, she just follows me around! I mean it's cute and all but I'm tired and she won't let me sleep! Please give me advice! Is there music I can play for her? She is kept in the right temperature, she has fresh food and water that she eats and drinks regularly, and she has a stuffed animal! She also has Blankets and a heat lamp!
Hello Shaelynn. :jumpy
Facts are, your chick needs a friend. Ideally, multiple. Was she an impulse buy? Have you done your research on chickens? They NEED other chickens. Your baby chick is lonely, and that's scary for her. She doesn't have the flockmates she needs, so you're the next best thing.
It may be cute and all to have a single chick, but she needs a flock and a proper home. Just one chicken is never going to work.
You really need to get her a friend or two, and if you can't provide her with the proper environment, and if you can't do that, find someone who can.
Good luck with your chick, hope you can help her be less lonely soon. 😊

while you look for more chicks to get you could put some soft toys in her brooder or make a tunnle with bits of cloth( just make sure the chick can’t get stuck) hanging from the roof of it to give it a mother hen sort of feel.

I have 2 chicks right now, you should consider getting a friends for your chick. Also you can solve your probpem like I do. Get a beanie and at night or at day when its sleeping time just put her in beanie in her brooder and cover her lightly so she can feel like she is under a momma hen and to breathe. Good luck:)

I have 2 chicks right now, you should consider getting a friends for your chick. Also you can solve your probpem like I do. Get a beanie and at night or at day when its sleeping time just put her in beanie in her brooder and cover her lightly so she can feel like she is under a momma hen and to breathe. Good luck:)

Get her a playmate they should have not sold you one chick anyway she need another little chick to cuddle with just saying enjoy your little one and take care ..

hi!! i’m the same age as you and had the same problem

i suggest doing everything everyone else is suggesting!! getting her a friend :)

my velvet was an impulse buy, so naturally she became very clingy, to ur chick you are her flockmate/mom

she trusts you and probably feels afraid being alone, i bought vel a friend, but it was already too late.

she was attached to me and still wont sleep without me.

i suggest getting a friend as soon as you can before she gets fully attached, i wish u well in ur journey :)!

this sounds like they think you're their mother and for my chicks I played Whitney Houston and they were all silent and fell asleep almost immediately.

Back
Top Bottom