Baby quail dying

After 48 hours their yolk sac is gone so time to start eating. If it’s not the feed (I grind mine in the coffee grinder, look to the parents. What is their diet and are they sick?

I have a question. For one this would be my 4th time incubating quail eggs. I have quail that are doing great and are about a year old. My question is I started incubating some quail eggs from the older ones, and the babies hatched and all was going well. Did the same thing as I did before. Let them fluff up in the incubator and transferred them to their place with a heat lamp, warm water and food. I dipped their beaks in the water and food so they new where it was. Then they started dropping dead within 48hrs. They were eating and drinking with no issues. What do I do because I am lost. I literally lost all 12 quail.
I don't know if anyone's had this issue but the lady I got mine from is known for over inbreeding so I always introduce a new bloodline especially if I get some of hers as they rebreed weaknesses when you over do inbreeding. I always have stronger birds if I bring in a new bloodline especially with hers. No more dead in egg/weak or sometimes malformed birds.

You could try putting the vitamin/electrolytes supplement in the water?

You could try putting the vitamin/electrolytes supplement in the water?
I agree adding electrolytes will help them eat and drink more. If you continue to lose chicks add 1/4 of a teaspoon of Lincomycin-Spectinomycin to their water. This is an antibiotic that will treat cold like symptoms, treat for five days and return to fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom