Bachelor pad - bad idea?

Most of my experiences has been with females working it out. Or when I introduced Muscovy to my flock. There was a lot of drama when I did that. With multiple food and water locations, they start to work it out overtime, but it can take a while, sometimes months. Again that is females. The hardest times on them are going to be in the coop when they are trapped in close quarters.

Most of my experiences has been with females working it out. Or when I introduced Muscovy to my flock. There was a lot of drama when I did that. With multiple food and water locations, they start to work it out overtime, but it can take a while, sometimes months. Again that is females. The hardest times on them are going to be in the coop when they are trapped in close quarters.
Thanks so much for sharing, so encouraging to hear it can take months. I was worried about nighttime too but luckily was able to split their coop with mesh so they can see / lay next to each other but no fighting. it's funny the second I separate one into the pen in the yard they immediately lay super super close together on each side of the gate like they can't wait to be let out so they can hang out with each other, and then instant chasing. :) I shall give it more time!

Thanks so much for sharing, so encouraging to hear it can take months. I was worried about nighttime too but luckily was able to split their coop with mesh so they can see / lay next to each other but no fighting. it's funny the second I separate one into the pen in the yard they immediately lay super super close together on each side of the gate like they can't wait to be let out so they can hang out with each other, and then instant chasing. :) I shall give it more time!
Females tend to integrate more when they start laying eggs. Your males will likely have an easier time during the winter, when the breeding drive is not as strong. I usually consider chasing ok as long as no one is hurt or bleeding. Most of my teen ducks go through a bullying stage until they mature. Good luck with them. Them laying next to each other is definitely a sign things are going well.

Back
Top Bottom