Backyard Chickens & Ducks in Orlando,FL (Orange County)

BelenFamily

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2015
We are new chickens/duck owners. And we wanted to know exactly how many chickens and ducks can we have on our property? We live in Orlando, FL (Orange County) on a R1 zoned property and I believe no HOA. I wanted to make sure we don't run into a problem, our neighbours don't seem to mind, yet. Then again our chickens are still young. Also are roosters allowed on our kind of property? And how many total chickens, how many ducks are we allowed on our property? Thank you

I'm not in that area but you should be able to go to municode.com and find what you are looking for, but it's not going to give you any HOA rules if you have an HOA.

I'm not in that area but you should be able to go to municode.com and find what you are looking for, but it's not going to give you any HOA rules if you have an HOA.

Thank you @paddock36, which section would I find out about chickens? Thanks again.

Thank you @paddock36, which section would I find out about chickens? Thanks again.
You would have to search. I believe you can enter words and it should bring up any ordinance with the word you enter. You can also call your city hall for the area that you live or the zoning/code enforcement office.

Would you like 3 pekin ducks? If you dont have an HOA and you keep your animals clean and the roos quiet you wont have problems, i live on R-1 and my neighbor called animal control and i didnt have a problem with anything

Back
Top Bottom