Bad news with dewormer

Pics
I don't know what y'all are saying but I have used goat safeguard from the beginning and I have had no side effects and it saved one of my chickens
OP was just concerned that they overdosed it because they used safeguard with the dosing instructions from some other wormer.

Nothing negative about safeguard at all. It's repped a lot in this thread actually and I'll be buying it soon. Haha.

I see I need to post the worming medications and dosages here. :th

Fenbendazole (Safeguard & Panacur liquid or paste in the US)
For large roundworms and cecal worms, you can give Safeguard or Panacur, liquid or paste, at 0.23 ml per pound once and repeat in ten days. However, if you have capillary worms or gapeworms, you *must* give it for *five consecutive* days. Neither of these worms can be treated using the one-day treatment.

Albendazole (Valbazen)
For most worms, including capillary worms, the dose is 0.08 ml per pound orally once, repeat in ten days. For gape worms, the dose is 0.08 ml per pound for three consecutive days.

Equimax Horse Paste (praziquantel & invermectin in the US)
For treating tapeworms give and possibly large roundworms, give 0.03 ml per pound orally once and repeat in ten days.

Zimectrin Gold Horse Paste (praziquantel & invermectin in the US)
For treating tapeworms give and possibly large roundworms, give 0.06 ml per pound orally once and repeat in ten days.

Ivermectin (1% injectable)
For lice and possibly large roundworms, give 0.05 ml per pound orally.

Ivermectin (0.05% pour-on)
For lice and possibly large roundworms, give 0.1ml per pound *topically*.
Thank you. Does this apply to ducks as well?

Back
Top Bottom