Bald patches on chickens chest

HelenFKP

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2022
I’m not sure if this is the right thread to put this post in but here goes.

Evening 😌,

Two of my girls appear to have bald patches on their chests and tummy’s 🤷🏼‍♀️. One of them is broody so I think that’s why she is but the other isn’t. I have checked over everyone for mites and lice and dusted them all just in case but there is no sign of anything. They are both happy within themselves so I’m really puzzled. Could the heat wave we had be causing them to have bald patches? Please could someone shed some light. Thank you in advance for advice and help.

Most likely both of the hens are broody, the other one may just be starting. Otherwise, like you said it could be moulting from the heatwave or healing after a past injury.

One of my chickens was attacked by a dog about 10 months ago and lost a decent amount of skin from her back. Luckily she was quickly rescued and taken to the vet for stitches. Her feathers in that area haven’t really grown back after the incident.

Most likely both of the hens are broody, the other one may just be starting. Otherwise, like you said it could be moulting from the heatwave or healing after a past injury.

One of my chickens was attacked by a dog about 10 months ago and lost a decent amount of skin from her back. Luckily she was quickly rescued and taken to the vet for stitches. Her feathers in that area haven’t really grown back after the incident.
Thank you for responding.
Your poor girl 😢. I’m glad she is ok.
I think it might be the heat 🤔.

Back
Top Bottom