Bantam Vs. Standard

danamillette

Songster
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
Northern Wisconsin
Good Morning!
I have a bantam americauna roo and a standard easter egger hen. Is it possible for him to fertilize her eggs and if so, what would the hatch likely bring?
Thanks!
Dana

big_smile.png
hi dana, nice name..i'm dana too!!!!!! i've had some our our free roam pets in our flock loose for the last 4 years here, and i've never seen a bantam roo with a full size hen..not to say it can't happen??? also ask my dad, the bantam expert... and all of his 200 + bantams are all free roam, and he has a few full size hens, none of the full size hens have ever had a fertile egg.... but i do have a seabright hen, not a tiny bantam, but not full standard size.... now it seems the roosters don't discriminate as the hens do.....as she has 2 roos after her all of the time, standard amerucanas roos.... I need to sale one of those roos.... goodluck in your answers>>>>
yuckyuck.gif

Pretty much for my mixed flock, all my roosters are bantams. Preferably, I have one rhode island red bantam rooster who has mated successfully with all my Large (Standard) Girls.
Due to his wonderful personality and his lack of crowing (he knows better), he produces some amazing offspring!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom