Bantams x Standards crosses?

KAGs waterfowl

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
Hi all,
So I have a few questions regarding bantam x standard breeds crossing.

I have a bantam cochin rooster, and standard sized Cochin hens, if I hatch any chicks out of this cross, what would the result be size wise? My Cochin bantam roo isn’t APA, just a hatchery bird, if that helps.

Also, what breeds carry the recessive dwarf gene? I think it’d be interesting to use to that gene for some crosses.

And last, but not least,
If I breed my Sebright rooster to my standard Wyandotte hens, what would the size be of their offspring?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
So I have a few questions regarding bantam x standard breeds crossing.

I have a bantam cochin rooster, and standard sized Cochin hens, if I hatch any chicks out of this cross, what would the result be size wise? My Cochin bantam roo isn’t APA, just a hatchery bird, if that helps.

Also, what breeds carry the recessive dwarf gene? I think it’d be interesting to use to that gene for some crosses.

And last, but not least,
If I breed my Sebright rooster to my standard Wyandotte hens, what would the size be of their offspring?

Thanks in advance!
I have a Cochin bantam roo I have crossed with Standard size hens (a couple of different breeds) and one of them was 6 weeks when I got rid of him, he had been the same size as the completely standard sized chicks I hatched him with. I also have some of the same cross that are 4ish weeks old, but this time I don't have any fully standard sized chicks to compare them to. Here is a recent pic of them with their bantam Cochin mama who adopted them.
PXL_20230621_213526098.jpg

From what I have read, bantam roos with LF hens will result in technically standard sized hens but still smaller then their standard moms.

Back
Top Bottom