Barred or not ?

Aneury Sanchez

Chirping
Dec 8, 2022
Hello this my hen Frankie her mother was a red sex-link and her father could be one of 2 roosters i had when she hatched.
One rooster I named frank he was found on the side of a road he looked like a delaware with more barring all over his body, and the other is named Fatty because of how fat he got he is half red sex-link half cornish cross he is mostly white with red leakage. Her father was supposed to be fatty but her color wasn't what i expected to get so thought frank was her father. Do you think she carries barring if so frank is her father.
20240113_163702.jpg
20240113_163654.jpg
20240113_163650.jpg
20240113_163634.jpg

That looks like red lacing to me. Separate one of her feathers by itself. Is the red only on the tip, or is there a pattern of red and white stripes?

I looked closer at her feathers, and I believe i can see some faint barring. If she is barred, I know frank was her father. The only way I will know for shore is if I breed her to black or solid colored rooster and some of her sons develop barring. I have a son out of her and Fatty, but he is mostly white with random feathers a red and black. She also gave me two pullets out of a Maran mix rooster. I have her in with a brown leghorn rooster right now so I will see if I get roosters out of it if some are barred. I hope so because I lost frank to old age I believe and only got two chicks out of him.

Back
Top Bottom