Barred rock Roo with variety of hens

theminimizer

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2013
Barred rock roo crossed with white leghorn, Americana’s, rhode island red, and Easter egged hens.
Will the color of the eggs be brown, tan, white, and green?
Or will they all stay tan?
Attached are the pix of the eggs I’m using for my broody chick.

Attachments

• E8AD423D-666A-4E4E-93C4-450382559023.jpeg
    E8AD423D-666A-4E4E-93C4-450382559023.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 1
You're asking want color the girl chicks would lay? I don't know, but the chicks with be sex linked except for maybe the ee, the girls will have barring.

the chicks with be sex linked except for maybe the ee, the girls will have barring.

No, both genders will have barring. A barred rooster passes it to his sons and his daughters.

Barred rock roo crossed with white leghorn, Americana’s, rhode island red, and Easter egged hens.
Will the color of the eggs be brown, tan, white, and green?
Or will they all stay tan?
Attached are the pix of the eggs I’m using for my broody chick.

Pullets hatched from white eggs or from any shade of brown eggs should lay some shade of brown. Their egg color is likely to be between the color they hatched from, and the color laid by Barred Rocks.

Pullets hatched from green eggs may lay green eggs, or may lay brown eggs.

For chick feather color:
expect lots of black chicks with white barring, and probably white chicks from the White Leghorn mothers (also with white barring, but white on white doesn't show.) There's a chance you might get a few blue chicks with white barring, depending on what genes the other hens have.

Awesome! I'm excited for ANY chicks since it's winter.

No, both genders will have barring. A barred rooster passes it to his sons and his daughters.

Pullets hatched from white eggs or from any shade of brown eggs should lay some shade of brown. Their egg color is likely to be between the color they hatched from, and the color laid by Barred Rocks.

Pullets hatched from green eggs may lay green eggs, or may lay brown eggs.

For chick feather color:
expect lots of black chicks with white barring, and probably white chicks from the White Leghorn mothers (also with white barring, but white on white doesn't show.) There's a chance you might get a few blue chicks with white barring, depending on what genes the other hens have.

Back
Top Bottom