Barred Rocks or Black Sex Linked?

redhawkou812

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Joelton, TN
Hi all,
We are definitely new at all this - we bought 6 straight run chicks that we thought were black sex links, and after we got them and I started looking a pictures, I figured we had all roosters. As they are getting older though, I am wondering if they're not barred rocks. Some of the pictures I have seen of barred rock chicks are also close to what they looked like when they were little. We have three that already have good combs and wattles, and three that don't look like they're getting anything, and they all appear to be the same age. I have been trying to figure out how to get pictures on here, because I know that would definitely help, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Here's a link to our home page that has pictures of them as they have grown.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=26991

The last one is blurry since it was their first day outside and they were constantly in motion. Any ideas?

I can't tell you much as we are begginers ourselves. but u do have some beautiful birds
thumbsup.gif

The 2 redish colored are possibly Buff orpingtons or Red Sexlinks, the barred might possibly be Barred Rocks, the whites not sure, since they have yellow earlobes and waddles...could be white rocks, or some other white egg layer.
smile.png

26991_chickens.jpg

26991_100_2423.jpg

26991_100_2420.jpg

I think I figured out how to do the pictures! The whites are supposed to be leghorns, the goldens are supposed to be golden sex linked, but the blacks are the ones I thought were black sex linked, but I'm beginning to wonder.

White are long leg slim like leghorn, red sex link, maybe rir and barred rock, All brown egg layer except the leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom