Been off BYC for about 5 years now I'm lost here and just want to talk to people

Have you ever just needed to talk but didn't have anyone outside your family

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi there! Welcome back. I'm an old fogey, and don't do any sort of gaming, and never had kids so we probably don't have a lot in common, (other than this forum) but maybe you can think of me as a granny, who doesn't know much about modern computer stuff, but has a lot of life experience. A little grandmotherly advice, since your baby is so young, and you state you don't leave the house "for any reason" have you thought you may be suffering from post partem depression? It may be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor. There is help for that, and sometimes just getting it off your chest, and finding you are far from alone in this, can help so much. And heaven knows, we always enjoy baby pics here, so feel free to share away! They have such great expressions at that age!

Hi there! Welcome back. I'm an old fogey, and don't do any sort of gaming, and never had kids so we probably don't have a lot in common, (other than this forum) but maybe you can think of me as a granny, who doesn't know much about modern computer stuff, but has a lot of life experience. A little grandmotherly advice, since your baby is so young, and you state you don't leave the house "for any reason" have you thought you may be suffering from post partem depression? It may be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor. There is help for that, and sometimes just getting it off your chest, and finding you are far from alone in this, can help so much. And heaven knows, we always enjoy baby pics here, so feel free to share away! They have such great expressions at that age!

I thought the same, but my own experiences with PPD were directly related to my circumstances. In a more pleasant situation, I think I would have made for a happier mum. The OP may or may not have circumstances that are contributing to her feelings.

There are so many mums just like you, OP. Do continue to reach out here!

I've been gone from BYC for about 5 years now and I've come back and don't see anyone I recognize. :(. I just want to meet new people to chat with. I've been up to a lot since I was last here I was 16 I think, since I've been gone I've learned what heartbreak is, and moved around for a while after that lived in Orlando for a time, now I'm married and we have a 4 month old daughter. My hobbies are gaming and reading, favorite books include Rangers Apprentice, Inheritance Cycle, and Dawn of the Aspects, favorite games include World of Warcraft, Ark, and Runescape and right now I'm playing several click adoptable pet games. I'm not even sure what to talk about I just need to talk to people outside the house, since Naomi has been born I avoid leaving the house for any reason.
Welcome back! You may see different people but you’ll still get the wonderful support!

Hello. Like you I joined BYC a years ago, was on all the time, then got caught up in life, and disappeared for a while. It's been hard to get back into it and I'm still not as active around here as I would like, but would love to find new people to chat with. I also like to play video games, as well as dungeons and dragons. I don't read much but I did read the first two books of Inheritance cycle (never finished it though I really should). Not having real life friends stinks and I sometimes relate as I've always been the type to have a few very close friends rather than a lot of distant ones. Anyways welcome back!

A big hello from Australia. I understand how you feel, I only ever had my daughter to talk to, no one else inside or outside of my family.

See I was a carer for a family member, it is a very lonely world that.

Well all that is behind now and I am trying to love living life again.

One step at a time, you just need to know, people are there to help you, so anytime you need a chat, we are all here, Day or night. I am only very new here, but everyone is so friendly.

Is that your daughter in your pic, she is beautiful, congratulations

Back
Top Bottom