Behavior

Mayochick

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
Hello, I have a 1 year old Buff Orffington. She’s completely healthy, she eats, and drinks, poops fine, she lays eggs almost everyday, and she’s usually friendly. Yesterday she was completely fine, but today she seemed cranky like if I would go to pet her she would just puff up and make like a crow sound or she would run away from me she doesn’t usually do that. She would always like when I pick her up and lay on my lap to fall asleep, but I guess not today. Do you know what this could usually mean? I would show a video but I’m not sure how to post it

Hello!

Unfortunately you can’t really post videos here 😕. You can, however, post a video on YouTube or TikTok (etc) and create a link to it in this thread.

Do you think she may be broody? It’s the right time of year, and Buff Orpingtons are notorious for going broody often. Puffing up her feathers and screeching or growling (and sometimes ferociousness) are also signs of broodiness… does she stay on the nest box for the most part during the day? Does she act the same way that she acts toward you towards the other hens?

Back
Top Bottom