Best feed?

Sc_chickengirl

Beware!?!? Horse Crazy Human on the Loose!
Jan 20, 2022
South Carolina
Hey y'all I've been hearing things about feed that isn't good for your flock from TSC but which kind of feed is it? I've heard something about Producers Pride....I use Dumor feed.

Some people are having trouble with one or another of those brands.
Some other people are using those brands and not having trouble.

If you have chickens that are doing fine, then there is no need to change feed.

If you have chickens and they are having some kind of problems, check the date on your feed to see if it's really old (that would be an obvious reason for it to be bad.) If it was old, get fresh feed. If it was not old, get feed of a different brand, from a different store, and see whether your birds improve.

(I have not been personally affected by this issue, but I've been reading the threads about it. What I just said is based on what I've been reading from quite a few different people, mixed with the common-sense approach of observing how YOUR birds are doing.)

Some people are having trouble with one or another of those brands.
Some other people are using those brands and not having trouble.

If you have chickens that are doing fine, then there is no need to change feed.

If you have chickens and they are having some kind of problems, check the date on your feed to see if it's really old (that would be an obvious reason for it to be bad.) If it was old, get fresh feed. If it was not old, get feed of a different brand, from a different store, and see whether your birds improve.

(I have not been personally affected by this issue, but I've been reading the threads about it. What I just said is based on what I've been reading from quite a few different people, mixed with the common-sense approach of observing how YOUR birds are doing.)
Thanks, I haven't had any issues either. All my birds are doing great except some of the hens still aren't laying but I blame it on all the cold rainy weather we're getting. I just hear about all these other people having problems with different things and I just don't want to be the next person. 😅

Back
Top Bottom