Best incubator

I really like the NR360s
I really don't like my NR360 for these reasons:
- It's awkward to handle. It takes 2 hands to remove the cover and repositioning it is tricky because of the shape and the single key for alignment. I, like many, have added a mark to assist with this.
- The standing water humidifier covers a (relatively) large area and therefore must be near perfectly level or the water spills over the edges into various other compartments. And it requires frequent refilling.
- Mine was calibrated 1.5 degrees low out of the box. My first hatching was abysmal. Don't trust the initial calibration. I'm running at 101 to get 99.5.
- It needs more insulation. Extra steps must be taken to protect it from any air disturbance. Mine has a towel around it like yours, but, you have to NOT block the air vents, or get it into the water fill. Not a graceful solution.
-The lip around the hatching platform is too low. Good luck trying to remove energetic hatchlings one at a time. You take the lid off and they run everywhere. The solution to this is an aftermarket riser you can find on Etsy or ebay. That adds about $30 or more though, and you have to worry about recalibrating the temperature since you expanded the chamber.

The initial price, the casual reviews, and local availability attracted me to the NR360. I don't know which one is better, but, surely there must be.

Back
Top Bottom