Best Layer then, Now nothing? 28 week old SLW

Schwartzfarmnc

Songster
9 Years
May 28, 2010
West Jefferson
For those who have had a pullet stop laying because of stress or possible parasites/worms, how long before they begin laying again?

Our SLW was a machine 2 weeks ago, she laid an egg every day for almost an entire month with no days off, well 2 weeks ago, she looked a little off so we took her in fed her and in about a day she was back to her old self, we have since then wormed all the girls but all the other girls are laying as normal as can be but she has yet laid since, will it take several weeks or even a month before she's back laying again? Thanks for any help you can offer.

It really depends on the bird. I had an EE start laying, laid an egg every other day for almost 2 wks & QUIT. Nothing for about TWO MONTHS. No idea why (moulting sympathy, maybe?), but she recently started again & is now laying about 5 epw.

Thank you so much for responding, I thought no one was going to do so.

I really thought a few days or maybe a couple weeks but I suppose each bird is different, I'm not impaitent but I like to know all is well with the girls and I guess I feel if they are not laying normally, something is amiss. It could be sympathy, both birds lost one of their buddies and have not been right since, our SLW was near the top of the pecking order but has dropped almost to the bottom, but she eats just fine and is very happy and active, so I guess it's a waiting game them huh?

Back
Top Bottom