Best Pre-fab coop?

I have not seen many prefab coops that are big enough. Sorry, I'm sure they exists but most are small and meant for 2-3 chickens.

Finding myself agreeing with DobieLover often, I think a shed is a good as well. đź‘Ť

If you are looking online, you will want a coop (not including the run) that is at least 15 - 20sq ft.. so 4x4 would be ok and 5x5 would be better. Anything smaller simply will not work and you should not consider, no matter how cool, cute, awesome is looks :)

Everything I've seen that is built well cost double if not triple the amount of a small storage shed.
Roost & root is a very nice coop for a pre built coop, but very expensive.

I bought my first mini flock of three in Spring 2018 and had intended to build a coop but time got away from me. I bought the medium one locally at a good discount because it was the floor sample. It was super easy to put together and has been pretty sturdy. I live in Washington so this little coop has taken a beating weather wise.

My plan is to build a bigger coop next spring and add a couple extra hens. I was going to add this year but apparently my local N-40 is having a shortage of chicks. So......

Back
Top Bottom