Bid day - Total Eclipse and first Quail

Litefever

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2024
Our first quail eggs are due to arrive this afternoon during the eclipse which starts at 2 and ends at 4:30pm. It's good job we're not superstitious!

We have a second set from a different source arriving tomorrow so will place this first delivery in the dark at 60 degrees to hold them until we can start all of them at once.

Super excited, we have the incubator to temp and humidity already and will be working to ensure the brooder box is all ready over the next couple of weekends.

This will be our first attempt to hatch quail, please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Our first quail eggs are due to arrive this afternoon during the eclipse which starts at 2 and ends at 4:30pm. It's good job we're not superstitious!

We have a second set from a different source arriving tomorrow so will place this first delivery in the dark at 60 degrees to hold them until we can start all of them at once.

Super excited, we have the incubator to temp and humidity already and will be working to ensure the brooder box is all ready over the next couple of weekends.

This will be our first attempt to hatch quail, please keep your fingers crossed for us.
:welcome Welcome and GOOD LUCK.:thumbsup

Our solar eclipse eggs have started to hatch. Feeling so proud :) but let's face it they're doing all the hard work. First one emerged by 8:30am and we had a second one out of its egg shell and drying by 9:00am. Are resisting the urge to check them evey 30 mins but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I really, really want to spend the day watching them hatch and fluff up. Fingers crossed for the other sixteen. I'll move those that are out and about to the brooder this evening and keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow sees the remainder hatch.

So excited to have eggs hatching again.

Our solar eclipse eggs have started to hatch. Feeling so proud :) but let's face it they're doing all the hard work. First one emerged by 8:30am and we had a second one out of its egg shell and drying by 9:00am. Are resisting the urge to check them evey 30 mins but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I really, really want to spend the day watching them hatch and fluff up. Fingers crossed for the other sixteen. I'll move those that are out and about to the brooder this evening and keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow sees the remainder hatch.

So excited to have eggs hatching again.
Congrats on your first Quail hatching hoping the rest of your hatch goes well. Welcome to raising Quail. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom