Black Australorp laying white eggs

When did she start laying? I'd give her a few weeks. She may just have off white eggs. Here's a random selection from our girls (Australorp/Orpington/Brahma/olive egger) to give you an idea. But I will watch ours in the morning and snag some BA eggs for reference that her shades may just be working themselves out. (The pink and cream are mainly from our Brahmas) we only had maybe five BAs lay brown brown eggs out of eight girls
Beautiful eggs, thank you for sharing. I suppose it could also just be her egg color. This is my first flock, Ive got a lot to learn. :)

Here is our first egg of the day lol I came in because of the weather, but...as you can see, super light creamish color. From a BA as I watched her drop it while I was checking on our hatching chicks under Mama

Attachments

• PXL_20240314_152744633.jpg
    PXL_20240314_152744633.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 0
Egg color is kind of just what you get. Not something is wrong kind of deal. This year, I have a traditional red production bird - laying a really green egg. Something different was in the parentage genetics.

Black birds can cover a lot of sins - more than likely the black feathers come from BA heritage, but they are dominant genes. The egg color can come from a different breed that you cannot detect in the phenotype of the bird.

But the eggs are safe, and kind of fun to have a little different color, you KNOW who is laying what.

Thank you for that information. My 4 girls aren't very consistent yet in their laying. Sometimes I only get 1 egg, sometimes 3. Yesterday I got 2 brown eggs. Today I got 3 brown eggs. So far no more light colored eggs. But I'm happy for any color eggs as long as my girls are healthy and happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom