Blue layers Ameraucana vs Cream legbar

I have no experience with Cream Legbars.

Ameraucanas are my all time favorite breed.

Both Lay blue eggs, so I assume you are talking about Personality.

My Ameraucanas were the sweetest things in the world. They loved to cuddle and jump on my lap to be pet.

I also just love the colors of Ameraucanas. Blue Wheaten being my favorite.

I am also obsessed with muffs/beards so they have that going for them.

However, if you want another option for colored eggs and you don’t care about getting a purebred, another option that is much easier to find is Easter Eggers. They are at practically every feed store and hatchery. They are often sold under the name “Ameraucana” “Ameracauna” or “Americana” but they aren’t Ameraucanas.

100% recommend Ameraucanas. They are adorable, beautiful, friendly, and lay gorgeous eggs.
I love my Easter Eggers! They have “puffy cheeks” as I love it to call it:love all my Easter Eggers lay a green egg. I was curious if the Ameraucanas lay more eggs per year compared to the cream legbars or if it’s pretty much the same?

What is the temperature like where you are?
As long as they are happy with me being around then we’re good haha. I love my hens that are cuddly and eager to have a “conversation” but I equally love those that would rather have a distant relationship 😂 egg production is more of what I would like to compare.
Edit...
Wow! I read that as temperament not temperature 🤣so sorry!! Haha I’m in NY so we get some good cold winters but the rest of the year average I would say.

As long as they are happy with me being around then we’re good haha. I love my hens that are cuddly and eager to have a “conversation” but I equally love those that would rather have a distant relationship 😂 egg production is more of what I would like to compare.
Ah yes, I can’t really comment on egg production.

Never heard them being bad producers though.

Have heard cream Legbars are great egg layers.
Wow! I read that as temperament not temperature 🤣so sorry!! Haha I’m in NY so we get some good cold winters but the rest of the year average I would say.
Haha no worries! Just asking because Ameraucanas do great in cold climates with their small pea combs. 😊

Back
Top Bottom