Blue Orpington crossed with a Barred rock

If the hen is the only one barred, you get sex links. If the rooster is barred, you do not get sex links whether the hen is barred orr not
Here ya go one I had a couple of years back:

BR over non barred hen I think a BO hen(SORRY) wrong quote first time
Chickinpics11mo2010049.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
Quote:
No your right Ridgrunner I posted the wrong quote sorry for the confusion got off track there a bit I went back and edited it, it was'nt what I was loooking for either .
hmm.png

Jeff

Yes they would be sex liknks. Only the boys will be barred, but the color 50% blue and 50% black barred. The girls will be 50% blue, and 50% of them black solid.
Oh this sounds like such a great mix for me. I was planning on keeping my RIR roo with my barred rock hens but he is too horny and rough (young) My slightly older big blue orpington is such a sweet rooster. I have him in with most of my girls now, and my brahma and RIR roo are out free ranging alone. Oh well! Maybe they will calm down with age and will have the pleasure of the girls later.

I am very excited about my blue orpington roo x with barred rock hens. I LOVE blues and sex linked too!! Blue barred sex linked. Just perfect. Of course my australorp girls are with Billy too (blue orp) Yay. I am finally starting my selective breeding plans.

Back
Top Bottom