Bobwhite cohabitation

Dose anyone know if snowflake bobwhites and regular bobwhites can live together in a 10 ft x 10 ft x 10f aviary?
It entirely depends on if they are together as a non breeding covey or if you'll separate them for the breeding season, are there makes and females? How many are there? How old are they?

all my current bobwhites are 1 year old, 3 males 5 females and i have never separated them them for the breeding season.
That's 100sq.ft. for 8 birds. It would be better if you only had 2 males and 5 females but it might work and then again, it might not, depends on how compatible they are, being raised together has no bearing on whether or not they will get along together, especially during breeding season.
If your enclosure has a lot of quail furniture, and hiding spots, better the chances of the plan working. Good luck!;)

Snowflakes are the same species as bobwhites so I wouldn’t imagine there would be any difficulties with keeping them together beyond your regular aggressive males and territory issues. I would always be careful adding in more quail, no matter the color, to a group that’s been together a while. They might not be very welcome to outsiders or more males. Since they’re the same species they will obviously be able to breed, so separating them by color during breeding season will be necessary if you want to keep your hatches 100% pure.

Back
Top Bottom