Bobwhite Flight cage size

Cluckyz

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2022
I have a 4ft x 4ft x 7ft tall aviary covered in hardware cloth with the bottom two feet covered by metal roofing. Would this be large enough for 5 (2 male 3 Female) bobwhite quails? Most information I have found says 2sqft per bird but i think that is for breeding pens. I wasn't sure if it differed for a flight cage.

A better ratio would be 1 pair for that size enclosure but since you already have 2 males and 3 females, you can try it....they may get along or they may not! Just be ready to separate them if aggression is appearant.

They are still young and haven't started laying yet so im hoping that helps avoid the aggression.

They are still young and haven't started laying yet so im hoping that helps avoid the aggression.
That really isn't a factor ...they can be aggressive at any age or any time of the year. Next spring will "tell the tale", for sure!

I have young birds, this year's hatch and some that are 7 years old that are aggressive. I tend to move all the aggressive birds into 1 or 2 enclosures and let them settle things out on their own.

Back
Top Bottom