Borate treated wood for coop construction??

jeabjeab

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2020
Home Depot has borate treated framing wood and I always use it for it's insect resistance and safety for human handling, but before I start my coop build, I thought that I should ask you experts if for some reason that poultry critters could be harmed any any way by the use of it. Not to be confused with the green pressure treated toxic wood that is required for house construction!! Borate is a natural mined element with many uses and applications for cleaning, [think 'Borax'] as well as a benign insecticide that can be used inside your house.
Thanks in advance.......................

Home Depot has borate treated framing wood and I always use it for it's insect resistance and safety for human handling, but before I start my coop build, I thought that I should ask you experts if for some reason that poultry critters could be harmed any any way by the use of it. Not to be confused with the green pressure treated toxic wood that is required for house construction!! Borate is a natural mined element with many uses and applications for cleaning, [think 'Borax'] as well as a benign insecticide that can be used inside your house.
Thanks in advance.......................
It'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom