Both chickens haven’t come home during a bad storm ??

mm19jp

Hatching
Feb 18, 2022
I have two fairly tame chickens who are free range on the farm we live on, but they sleep in a coop we have on our garden. They always come home themselves before dark and we just shut the door.

However, today there has been terrible winds and a storm coming. Its now fully dark and neither chicken has returned home. I’ve looked all over for them but no luck yet. I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice?

They may be holed up somewhere, hiding or sheltering, if the weather is bad. If you have a lantern or flashlight that you can leave at the open door to the coop, it may help them find home if they are looking. Other than looking for them, not much else you can do but wait and see if they come back. Leave some feed where they can find it if they come back tomorrow. Also possible they were found by a predator, but hopefully not.

They may be hiding due to the weather. they probably won’t move around much in the dark. When it gets light try calling to them, unless they’ve shown up already. keep us updated!

I have two fairly tame chickens who are free range on the farm we live on, but they sleep in a coop we have on our garden. They always come home themselves before dark and we just shut the door.

However, today there has been terrible winds and a storm coming. Its now fully dark and neither chicken has returned home. I’ve looked all over for them but no luck yet. I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice?
So did your chickens come back?

Back
Top Bottom