Brahma foot follicles

chickenaddict18

In the Brooder
Dec 26, 2015
My buff brahma rooster has red feather follicles and at first I thought it was bumble foot or scaly leg mites but there's no sores on the bottom of his feet and his scales aren't turned up. I've tried to add pictures to this post but it says there's an unknown problem. I will try to add pictures on a new post though. Does anyone know what this could be and if so how do I treat it?

In this pic on the left toe, there is a green area and I can't tell if it's infected or if I just see a feather under the skin. Also I sprayed his feet the vetericyn spray because I don't know what else to do.

Now the scales on the back of his legs have started to turn red. Can someone please help me!? I gave him some antibiotic and cleaned his legs and sprayed him with vetericyn. I'm still not sure what this is or how to treat it!

Did you ever find an answer? My rooster has messed up feet too. Been like this for over a year treated for mites, although no other bird has bad feet, cleaned them pulled out broken feathers etc. Tried everything. Still the same. I'm thinking the feathers break and his feet get messed up servicing all the ladies. I have 22 hens with bare saddles most of the time. Think he's just over servicing?

Back
Top Bottom