Brassy backs

I have a 6 week old beautiful isa brown cross plymouth rock who is orange with black spots around her neck and on her head. She has white the plymouth rock wings except orange. So I think I discovered something new.

I have a 6 week old beautiful isa brown cross plymouth rock who is orange with black spots around her neck and on her head. She has white the plymouth rock wings except orange. So I think I discovered something new.
Red leakage on the wings usually indicates a male. Posting pictures will help

Best I could get. Kinda looks like welsummer

Attachments

• B185D510-A50D-4D70-8BCD-DB042E6F11FC.jpeg
    B185D510-A50D-4D70-8BCD-DB042E6F11FC.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 8F7C613D-7646-49EB-9961-3391FD02AADF.jpeg
    8F7C613D-7646-49EB-9961-3391FD02AADF.jpeg
    758.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1C6A6F01-0BB3-49DE-854B-98EBED359E60.jpeg
    1C6A6F01-0BB3-49DE-854B-98EBED359E60.jpeg
    752.3 KB · Views: 8
What do u get when u breed bassy back to white,ginger red,silver ????

I assume by Silver you mean Silver Duckwing? Brassy Back is a tough one to find info on, but from what I can find on it it seems to be gold duckwing with 'recessive black', which looks like it refers to charcoal. If that is the case, then Brassy Back over Silver Duckwing would make Golden Duckwing sons and Gold Duckwing daughters.

Ginger Red seems to be gold duckwing with Db, so when crossing Brassy Back to Ginger Red I would expect all offspring to visually look similar to Ginger Red. Obviously, genetically they are not the same as pure Ginger Red as they would be heterozygous for Db instead of pure for the gene and carry charcoal, assuming I am correct on the Brassy Back genetics.

White will depend on what breed you are referring to. Since Brassy Back and Ginger Red are often OEGB colors, I will assume for now that you mean OEGBs. Those generally are recessive white, so it's hard to predict what would result from that cross. Recessive white covers up plumage coloring genes, so a bird that is white because of that gene could be carrying any number of other plumage coloring genes that could impact the results of such a cross.

Obviously, if any of my assumptions are wrong, feel free to correct me on them! 🙂

You have the result of a hybrid with mixed color genetics crossed to a recessive white which, as I mentioned above, could have any number of genetics hiding under it, so it's hard to say what genes might be hiding in your bird; however, visually, that does not look like the same pattern as a Welsummer. The pictures do not show enough for me to say confidently whether that's a pullet or a cockerel.

It’s mum has grey and feathers under her orange feathers and it’s dad is a Plymouth Rock mix with isa as well i think but it’s more Plymouth Rock though. So I think it’s mum might of also had Plymouth Rock genes too. Anyway I have 3 black sex link babies and one idk.

Back
Top Bottom