Breed & Gender?

jaredrah777

Chirping
Jul 26, 2023
he/she is 18-21 weeks old

not sure of the breed but im confident its a female.

also does anybody know what age this breed tends to lay?

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3147.jpeg
    IMG_3147.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3148.jpeg
    IMG_3148.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 10
EE or Olive Egger, looks like a Pullet to me.
Laying age can be from 16 week upward, our EE's are 26 weeks and no eggs, but mainly due to lack of daylight this time of year I would suspect.
okay 👍, i normally go from behind them to pick them up and if they squat and have happy feet i normally take that as there soon to lay. haven’t noticed that from her yet so she probably will start when spring comes around

saw this online, if the chicken in that photo is an olive egger mine has to be one also. They have identical brownish patterns on their feathers and exact same body types.

Attachments

• IMG_3151.png
    IMG_3151.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
okay 👍, i normally go from behind them to pick them up and if they squat and have happy feet i normally take that as there soon to lay. haven’t noticed that from her yet so she probably will start when spring comes around
Exactly, this is a good indicator no doubt about it. Maybe just maybe they will surprise us and start before Spring but either way, in my experience our EE's were pretty good layers, over 200 eggs a year, nothing too crazy but consistent.

You are 💯% correct that this is a pullet. Looks like either a Easter Egger or a Black Ameraucana. Leaning toward Black Ameraucana though. They begin laying around 5 - 6 months old! And if you didn't know, they lay beautiful blue eggs! 🍳

Back
Top Bottom