Breed Help!

CoopMama1517

Songster
6 Years
Apr 13, 2018
Wisconsin
Hi everyone! I ordered chicks from Murray McMurray and got them in May and this one ended up being a rooster. He's got a pea comb, no wattles, and a beard. Any help on what breed? I ordered two ameraucanas but I didn't think they could have yellow legs so I'm a bit stumped.

Attachments

• 20231003_181135.jpg
    20231003_181135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
If you ordered just 'Ameraucanas' from McMurray and not specifically 'Blue Ameraucanas', then you got Easter-eggers. Unfortunately, despite actually carrying true Ameraucanas now, McMurray still insists on labeling their Easter-eggers as Ameraucanas as well, just in case there wasn't enough confusion surrounding the breed. :rolleyes: EEs are a mixed bag of genetics and pretty much can have any combination of traits, so yellow legs are not outside the realm of possibility there.

If you ordered just 'Ameraucanas' from McMurray and not specifically 'Blue Ameraucanas', then you got Easter-eggers. Unfortunately, despite actually carrying true Ameraucanas now, McMurray still insists on labeling their Easter-eggers as Ameraucanas as well, just in case there wasn't enough confusion surrounding the breed. :rolleyes: EEs are a mixed bag of genetics and pretty much can have any combination of traits, so yellow legs are not outside the realm of possibility there.
I think their blue Ameracauna are just blue ees, actually.

Back
Top Bottom