Breed ID help

ZenaidaTheRat

Hatching
Feb 21, 2024
Hi! I’m brand new to this site but I’ve got a pullet. About 4 months old now who upon purchase was labeled as a cream legbar pullet (obviously not a cream legbar) and I’m now wondering if anyone has a clue as to her breed, I have photos of her chick fluff and 1 or two currently. She is much smaller than my other birds which I will point out that they are large breed but she’s smaller than a typical chicken breed but not quite bantam

Her personality is rather flighty and wary, she’s nearly impossible to catch but chills out once held. If anyone is in the run she refuses to come up no matter what your doing, if your back is turned or what

Her legs have turned more of a swampy green gray color since that older pullet photo was taken but otherwise she looks exactly like that. I will post some better photos of her chick fluff if need be. I just don’t wanna make it too busy.
In the second photo she was nearly 3 weeks old.
IMG_20231214_094644338.jpeg IMG_20231101_191737449.jpeg

Did you happen to get her at Tractor Supply or Hoovers Hatchery? I'm thinking she is a Prairie Bluebell Egger or an Easter Egger - but more Prairie Bluebell Egger.
She looks a lot like this picture of a Prairie Bluebell Egger I found over a google search.
1708613286100.png

Did you happen to get her at Tractor Supply or Hoovers Hatchery? I'm thinking she is a Prairie Bluebell Egger or an Easter Egger - but more Prairie Bluebell Egger.
She looks a lot like this picture of a Prairie Bluebell Egger I found over a google search.
View attachment 3754404
We picked her up from a family owned chick retailer, I’m not quite sure where they buy their chicks from, she does look an awful lot like that breed though. Currently my best guess is Easter egger and that’s kind of my hope, bc Im wanting to not have any light brown layers (the same shade as Brahma eggs)

We picked her up from a family owned chick retailer, I’m not quite sure where they buy their chicks from, she does look an awful lot like that breed though. Currently my best guess is Easter egger and that’s kind of my hope, bc Im wanting to not have any light brown layers (the same shade as Brahma eggs)
There is a around 45% chance an Easter Egger will lay a brown egg. Prairie Bluebell Egger's lay the most beautiful blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom