Breed?

Wolfe620915

Hatching
Feb 26, 2023
Can someone tell me what breed they are? I got them from Attwoods they are roughly 6/7 weeks old the blue ones were in the same bin as the black one with feathered legs (which I’m assuming is a Maran?) they were just labeled as assorted pullets. The brown ones were labeled as partridge chantelcers. If I’m not mistaken they come from Hoovers hatchery. And does it look like there are any roosters in the mix?
IMG_6893.jpeg
IMG_6909.jpeg
IMG_6840.jpeg
IMG_6830.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6916.jpeg
    IMG_6916.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 7
First two in picture 1 are Sapphire Gems. Second picture is most likely a standard Cochin but could be a Midnight Maran. Focus of the third picture and the three in the fourth picture are partridge chanteclers. Fifth is a Sapphire Gem.

None are saying cockerel to me at this age.

First two in picture 1 are Sapphire Gems. Second picture is most likely a standard Cochin but could be a Midnight Maran. Focus of the third picture and the three in the fourth picture are partridge chanteclers. Fifth is a Sapphire Gem.

None are saying cockerel to me at this age.
Thank you! I was kind of thinking sapphire gem, I bought 3 last year that looked identical to these and all 3 turned barred and were roosters. And if the black one is the same as the one I bought last year I’m guessing she would be a maran because my girl from last year lays super dark brown eggs

Thank you! I was kind of thinking sapphire gem, I bought 3 last year that looked identical to these and all 3 turned barred and were roosters. And if the black one is the same as the one I bought last year I’m guessing she would be a maran because my girl from last year lays super dark brown eggs
The black one's body seems a little fuller and her feet are more heavily feathered than a Marans would typically be which is why I say Cochin, but you'll be able to tell for sure once she starts laying.

Back
Top Bottom