Breeding/separation advice

Ekaufee17

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hey all, just curious if you would lend me some input as to how to breed my flock AND help me solve an issue of an overly aggressive drake.

First of all. I have a mixed flock of 11 ducks.

4 mallards. 2 males, 2 females. already paired up.
2 swedish. 1 male, 1 female. also paired up.
3 pekins. all female.
1 khaki campbell drake
1 magpie drake

the mallards and swedish are already set and i would like pure bred offspring so im assuming i can leave the six of them together and not have to worry about hybrids. the drakes stick to their mates only. My khaki and pekins were all raised together so they're pretty much tight as glue, although i havent seen any mating behavior from the khaki. yet. my magpie is a bit of a problem. picked him up as a year old this winter. he likes to aggresively mate with my mallard and swedish hens. too a point where their necks are becoming bare. i dont want any magpie hybrids with those ducks so i plan on separating him. i guess im wondering if i can put the magpie with the pekins/khaki without major problems. the pekins dwarf pretty much my entire flock so would the magpie even be able to breed with them? i would like some hybrids, but like i said above im pretty much stuck with a female pekin and either a magpie or khaki male. if anyone can help me sort this jumbled mess out id appreciate it. also ill put some pictures of my flock up very soon!

Back
Top Bottom