Breeding splash silkie

schambo

Songster
Jun 27, 2022
Atlantic Canada
Someone local to me is selling some silkie pullets in a variety of colours, and I’m considering picking some up. Right now, my only Silkie cockerel is a splash. What coloured hens would produce the best colour combos when bred with a splash roo? I know nothing about chicken genetics. Options seem to be lavender, splash, black, blue, paint, white, cuckoo, chocolate, chocolate splash, chocolate cuckoo, grey, blue cream, gold, red Pyle, red partridge, gold partridge, grey partridge.
IMG_8484.jpeg

bbs-chart.jpg
Technically you can breed him to any color you want, but if the color involves black, those portions will be blue. So if bred to Lavenders(Blue Cream also), the first generation will end up blue, since the lavender is recessive. But even if the bird was pure for lavender, & blue you probably wouldn't notice until Splash pops up. Cuz a full, Blue, Lavender would look Lavender. E/E, Bl/bl+, lav/lav.

Someone local to me is selling some silkie pullets in a variety of colours, and I’m considering picking some up. Right now, my only Silkie cockerel is a splash. What coloured hens would produce the best colour combos when bred with a splash roo? I know nothing about chicken genetics. Options seem to be lavender, splash, black, blue, paint, white, cuckoo, chocolate, chocolate splash, chocolate cuckoo, grey, blue cream, gold, red Pyle, red partridge, gold partridge, grey partridge.
View attachment 3658335
I don't think he's splash. He looks more paint

Back
Top Bottom