Breeding

Sc_chickengirl

Beware!?!? Horse Crazy Human on the Loose!
Jan 20, 2022
South Carolina
So in my big pen I just have a mix of breeds that provide us with eggs. I don't incubate from this pen but.... I was wondering with the breeds I have in there would any of them make a breed or sex link?
So I have a rooster, that looks like a Delaware, but I hatched some of my Easter Eggers eggs that was in that pen, and the hens that hatched from that lay green. Does that mean he's a Easter Egger, but looks like a Delaware? Can I sell his offspring as Easter Eggers, if they lay green? The other hens I have in the pen are:
Isa Browns
Black Astrolopes
Buff Orpingtons
Leghorns
Bard Rock x Buff
Would any of these make a purebred or Sexlink? I didn't think they would but thought I would check.

No pures or sexlinks. If his daughters lay green, then those daughters and any they hatch can be called EEs with clear conscience.

Technically I guess you could call all his daughters EEs since he has at least one blue gene, so he's an EE, but I wouldn't call the brown or tan laying ones EEs

No pures or sexlinks. If his daughters lay green, then those daughters and any they hatch can be called EEs with clear conscience.

Technically I guess you could call all his daughters EEs since he has at least one blue gene, so he's an EE, but I wouldn't call the brown or tan laying ones EEs
Thanks I didn't think any of them would be. That's good! I've hatched a few but I've been afraid to sell any even though they lay green. Its weird though because he looks just like a Delaware.

Back
Top Bottom