Breeds I want to get which I don't yet have.

chicken110

Songster
7 Years
Dec 28, 2013
Bartlesville, OK
1. Light Brahmas
2. Black Jersey Giants
3. Nankins
4. Cornish (any variety really; though the dark color looks most interesting)
5. New Hamps
6. Silver-gray Dorkings
7. Buff Plymouth Rocks
8. LF Cochins
9. Modern Game
10. Buckeyes
11. Silver-laced Wyandottes (currently have one Partridge Wyandotte bantam hen)
12. Langshans
13. Black Orpingtons
14. RIWs
15. Orpington Rocks

Let me know what you intend/want to get eventually.

I would eventually like to have some Icelandic Chickens. They are beautiful with all their mixed colors, and based on everything I have read about them, they are excellent layers and the hardiest chicken on the planet. Unfortunately they are expensive and very hard to come by.

1) Blue Ameraucanas
2) Blue Marans / Black Marans
3) Delawares
4) Cream Legbars
5) White Leghorns
I could on for days.....

I have some Giant Jerseys and they are awesome!

1. Barred Plymouth Rock
2. Buff Orpington
These will be the next breeds I pursue. I waited almost a year to finally get my coveted Blue Ameraucana hen. Ended up with only one, and she is worth the trouble I went through. Very smart, friendly, funny. I've read they can be bullied by more aggressive birds, like my RIR's. She takes the other birds in stride and will battle for goodies. She's quite entertaining! So, if anyone else is looking for BA's, I say do it!

I'm about to get myself a trio of Light Brahmas this Saturday. So excited!
wee.gif

Just got three light Brahmas today which brings my flock total to 44 birds. That includes 6 BPRs, 1 WPR, 3 BOs, 3 BAs, 1 BSL bantam, 1 BSL standard, 5 RSLs, 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Ameraucana bantam, 1 Ameraucana standard, 5 black Silkies, 3 Cochin bantams, 2 white Leghorns, 1 cuckoo OEG, 1 Modern Game bantam, 1 Serama pullet, 2 Belgian D'Uccles, 1 RIR pullet, 1 partridge Wyandotte bantam hen and of course the light Brahmas. Comment on what you think and what you want to get what you don't have yet. Love the interaction.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom