Broken hearted tonight we lost our one duck

I have a female Pekin and a drake khaki Campbell.
In the spring I will be adding a female blue Swedish to my flock as well as 1-2 more females from my two ducks
My girl gives an egg everyday she is a great layer. Before we lost her sister they were both giving an egg. The odd time we were getting 3 eggs so one of them was dropping 2
You got lots of egg I get six eggs from three laying ducks a day you have great breeds did youever hatch some from your sweet girl

Thank you
You got lots of egg I get six eggs from three laying ducks a day you have great breeds did youever hatch some from your sweet girl
I have some eggs in the incubator now. 2 are showing signs of development
I tried to let her do her own thing as she has a big nest built but she is young only 6 months and not really sure what she is doing. She. Will sit all night but then not go near them all day long
The only eggs showing signs are the ones I started taking first thing in the morning all the others I think got messed up from her sitting at night and not in the day. I replaced her eggs with non fertile chicken eggs so she can continue to learn about building her nest and sitting. Hopefully she gets better at it

I have some eggs in the incubator now. 2 are showing signs of development
I tried to let her do her own thing as she has a big nest built but she is young only 6 months and not really sure what she is doing. She. Will sit all night but then not go near them all day long
The only eggs showing signs are the ones I started taking first thing in the morning all the others I think got messed up from her sitting at night and not in the day. I replaced her eggs with non fertile chicken eggs so she can continue to learn about building her nest and sitting. Hopefully she gets better at it
That is great that you got some eggs from your sweet girl I hope you are able to hatch some my shadow duck only wanted to lay on her eggs at night too I should try to give her unfirtle chicken eggs so she can get use to laying on eggs how is your other sweet girl doing? Is she missing her friend a lot? When Shadow lost her drake Pierre she missed him for so long she still misses him today I can tell they were super bonded but a mean raccoon came and snatched him and one other girl but now we have a rouen drake and a hookbill drake I love the hookbill but I wish I still had Pierre the pic of your drake remindes me of Pierre I am sorry about you girl

That is great that you got some eggs from your sweet girl I hope you are able to hatch some my shadow duck only wanted to lay on her eggs at night too I should try to give her unfirtle chicken eggs so she can get use to laying on eggs how is your other sweet girl doing? Is she missing her friend a lot? When Shadow lost her drake Pierre she missed him for so long she still misses him today I can tell they were super bonded but a mean raccoon came and snatched him and one other girl but now we have a rouen drake and a hookbill drake I love the hookbill but I wish I still had Pierre the pic of your drake remindes me of Pierre I am sorry about you girl
I’m sorry for your loss. It really is hard to loose a duck
I know some say they use fake eggs to replace the real ones. Unfortunately I didn’t have any so grabbed my fridge eggs lol
I didn’t want to upset her by taking them all as she just lost her sister and is still sad
I find she is very attached to my drake now.
He is still mating her and I tried to separate them to see if that would help her sit more and all she did was cry at the gate. Wouldn’t even eat or drink so I put them back together.
Here is my one egg showing great progress at day 4 of incubation.
F086CCE5-8E5B-41B1-982F-74C9A6269633.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom