Broody hen and too many eggs

Studabird

Songster
May 8, 2020
Southwest Louisiana
I have a broody pullet she will make a year in April. She is small and it seems like every time she gets up to eat or drink one of my other pullets will sneak in and lay an egg. I am afraid she won’t be able to hatch any because two or three get added every day. I was hoping for some cubalaya eggs to hatch this spring. The other problem is all three of my cubalayas stopped laying. My thought was to mark some eggs to keep under her and bring the rest out every day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a broody pullet she will make a year in April. She is small and it seems like every time she gets up to eat or drink one of my other pullets will sneak in and lay an egg. I am afraid she won’t be able to hatch any because two or three get added every day. I was hoping for some cubalaya eggs to hatch this spring. The other problem is all three of my cubalayas stopped laying. My thought was to mark some eggs to keep under her and bring the rest out every day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Yes best to mark eggs as you said and take all other freshly laid eggs away.

Back
Top Bottom