Broody hen setting in the woods

The same advice as earlier on this thread protect the broody above protecting the eggs. If you can get a predator safe hut built asap that might be the way to go. If that isn't possible then try moving her. I have moved many broodies. Most successfully. I have had the same hens respond differently to the move. I now move my broody hens as soon as possible in the day light when they can see the eggs. I have had mixed results with moving hens that have been sitting longer.

The same advice as earlier on this thread protect the broody above protecting the eggs. If you can get a predator safe hut built asap that might be the way to go. If that isn't possible then try moving her. I have moved many broodies. Most successfully. I have had the same hens respond differently to the move. I now move my broody hens as soon as possible in the day light when they can see the eggs. I have had mixed results with moving hens that have been sitting longer.
Thanks for the advice fortunately today the eggs hatched and so far we have two that were hatched and in the woods then when they were no more eggs cracked and hatching, we moved her up to our porch in a brooder so she should be OK now, but thanks for the advice

IMG_2849.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom