Bubbles in the corner of chickens eyes!!!

poola80

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2023
About a month ago, I noticed bubbles forming in my 8 year old golden wyandotte hen, Coco. At first, I tried wiping them away with a q-tip but it did not work. After doing some researching, I found out about the possibility of Mycoplasma and have been observing my flock since. I have a small flock of 4 and have not noticed any signs of the symptoms being spread to my other hens. I'm really hoping it is not anything contagious or deadly but I'm not sure what to do. I tried using VetRX (for 4 days), but did not see any progression. I'm assuming her condition is not a reparatory issue since I have not seen any symptoms such as sneezing or a runny nose. The bubbles form only on her left eye and her condition has not changed since I first noticed.

Is there anything else I can do?
IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3458.jpg

I have no clue what this is and maybe its not wise to follow up but it reminds me of an infected human eye, but different of course.
For a red watery infected human eye i use a chamomile tincture or pure chamomile tea for cleaning and calming the eye. It als needs time to heal but cleaning/calming it with chamomilespeeds up the healing proces.

About a month ago, I noticed bubbles forming in my 8 year old golden wyandotte hen, Coco. At first, I tried wiping them away with a q-tip but it did not work. After doing some researching, I found out about the possibility of Mycoplasma and have been observing my flock since. I have a small flock of 4 and have not noticed any signs of the symptoms being spread to my other hens. I'm really hoping it is not anything contagious or deadly but I'm not sure what to do. I tried using VetRX (for 4 days), but did not see any progression. I'm assuming her condition is not a reparatory issue since I have not seen any symptoms such as sneezing or a runny nose. The bubbles form only on her left eye and her condition has not changed since I first noticed.

Is there anything else I can do?
View attachment 3658452
Flush/rinse the eye with saline, open it wide and see if there's debris or pus that needs to be removed from the eye.

You can apply an eye ointment like Terramycin in the eye after cleaning it out to see if that helps with any infection.

Bubbles can often indicate Mycoplasma, but they could be from irritation from a foreign substance in the eye or even due to infection from debris that was in the eye at some point. Hard to know, but I'd try to see if I could get her healed up.

Back
Top Bottom