Buffalo Gnats

alwaystj9

Small goats & big chickens + 1 old horse
Aug 20, 2019
SE Louisiana
Starting to see people in So.Louisiana complaining about gnats/black gnats/buffalo gnats. I haven't had issues with them so far this year. How do you handle them?
I use a strong fan across the top of the brooder & chick pen and Pyrhana spray every 3 days (I empty it out first). This has worked so far for me. I keep reading about Vanilla scent and even hanging air fresheners...

Starting to see people in So.Louisiana complaining about gnats/black gnats/buffalo gnats. I haven't had issues with them so far this year. How do you handle them?
I use a strong fan across the top of the brooder & chick pen and Pyrhana spray every 3 days (I empty it out first). This has worked so far for me. I keep reading about Vanilla scent and even hanging air fresheners...
I was just about to post about this. I think that’s what’s chewing up my large combed birds. Picked a couple off my bantam cockerel today:

(I have bread dough stuck to my hands, lol)
126BEEE1-BF72-4C43-BBDC-84C7BABD13B5.jpeg

They are horrible where I'm at in Louisiana. I got 3 bites today and my eye swelled shut. Running a fever and feel horrible. My chicks aren't outside yet but definitely have to figure out how the stave them off. They literally make me sick..

Back
Top Bottom