Bulbs for Workshop

mml373

Chirping
Aug 3, 2019
So I had 2 long/big standard-base light bulbs in my shop that burned out. They are standard incandescent. I would like to replace these with standard base LED bulbs that run cooler but provide more light. I have no idea what wattage these big bulbs were - text is worn off the bulbs. Does anyone have any idea what kinds of bulbs these may have been, and what I can replace them with in a LED variety -- about 4000K color temperature -- that will be bright enough to see well in my 18 x 18 shop?

Can you post a pix of the old bulbs if you still have them???
The only bulbs that fit the description that Come to my mind, are low wattage bulbs used for sewing machines. Probably other things as well. The sewing machine uses the standard base, and long bulb to not interfere with clearance space. My sewing machine bulbs are 40 watt. I also had some 60 watt, used for Aquarium lights. These were incandescent bulbs.
Just get a couple of the 60 watt equivalent, actual watts LED is about 9 watts.
I personally prefer the 3000K color, It is more pleasant warm color. The higher the number,,,,,, the more blue the color, and I am not impressed with it. :idunno(personal preference)

Install those and see if it is enough light for your needs. If not, then just add more bulbs.
The 60watt equivalent LED is very common size, and most reasonably priced bulb. 100Watt equivalent, are less common, and somewhat priced higher. The lower wattage like 25watt equivalent are also priced higher than the most common 60W.
Please don't misunderstand the " less common" as difficult to find. I'm just referring to the price structure.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

You can put most any LED light into a standard light bulb base, IF you get the correct base type. Even a 100 w equivalent LED light doesn't draw enough current to be a overload, or fire, problem.

I personally like 5k in the shop as its it like daylight and the wife demands 2700 or 3000 in the house.
iu

Back
Top Bottom