Bumblefoot??

Tinkrbell96

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2021
Our cute little rescued Lily… officially 1 month of daily 10 min epsom soaks, daily vetracyin spray, drawing salve, & fresh vet wraps daily. No change. The little bumble scab hasn’t ever formed just the swelling. Her sister (also rescued) had 3 bumbles & we’ve successfully healed 2 so far this way, still working on the 3rd 😝.. does the swelling ever go away?? Am I missing something? Has anyone experienced a bumble that never scabbed over?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
7E7F4653-F431-4AC3-AFCA-FEF0123CAEBC.jpeg
64BCE762-1007-4849-8A22-265296C6D593.jpeg

Look at that face.

My Runner had a bimble that didn't get a scab just a pretty large knot that after 7 dys of antibiotics looked no different so I made a small slit with a scalpel and popped the bumble out.
Not saying this is what you should do,
IMG_2286.jpeg
my chickens always have presented a scab with any bumble this without one was a first for me.
You might try some drawing slave.

Look at that face.

My Runner had a bimble that didn't get a scab just a pretty large knot that after 7 dys of antibiotics looked no different so I made a small slit with a scalpel and popped the bumble out.
Not saying this is what you should do, View attachment 3322357 my chickens always have presented a scab with any bumble this without one was a first for me.
You might try some drawing slave.
thank you! We’ve been using Prid but no luck yet. I have a scalpel I’m just a bit terrified to use it lol.

I agree you're going to have to cut it open and remove it. Antibiotics can kill infection, but antibiotics can't remove the plug once it's formed. Drawing salves won't do anything if there is no scab or opening for it to be drawn out of.

I haven't used drawing salve on a bumble without a scab so haven't any idea if it will help. But making a small incision did let me pop this one out of my Runner.

Back
Top Bottom