Bumblefoot

What do you recommend? I really also dont want to soak almost 20 chickens haha
If its that many you need to first find the problem then treat it. It will do no good if you treat it beforehand because they will just get it again. Is the wood they perch on splintery? Are there areas that may cause food injuries? Damp wet bedding?

If its that many you need to first find the problem then treat it. It will do no good if you treat it beforehand because they will just get it again. Is the wood they perch on splintery? Are there areas that may cause food injuries? Damp wet bedding?
We're cleaning up some mesh and materials around the property. Is there any advice or alternative you can provide to treating 10+ chickens... i spent almost an hour trying to soak and bandage just one chicken. I am losing my mind haha

We're cleaning up some mesh and materials around the property. Is there any advice or alternative you can provide to treating 10+ chickens... i spent almost an hour trying to soak and bandage just one chicken. I am losing my mind haha
I also think all the others have very mild cases and only one hen has a ball of pus on her foot i believe. The others just have the tiny scab on the bottom of the foot

Hi everyone,
2 days ago I spotted that one of my barter browns toes were bent. Im sure this is new as Im almost positive I would have spotted it earlier if it was already there. Yesterday I saw a bubble on top of her foot. I am assuming she has bumblefoot. This would be my first time dealing with bumblefoot. So any assistance would be greaaaat.

I checked a few of my other hens and only a few have that black scab under their foot. Is this still bumblefoot because they dont have any lumps or bumps on their foot other than this?
I will isolate the necessary hens so they dont jump or roost etc. I will do the epsom salt baths and peel off the scab. My question is how do i treat the bumblefoot naturally after that? I do not want to use any products that make me withhold eggs.
Also do I need to "pop" the bubble on the top of one of my hens feet?
Any help would be great!!
PRID salve from Amazon works like a miracle.

I also think all the others have very mild cases and only one hen has a ball of pus on her foot i believe. The others just have the tiny scab on the bottom of the foot
Use PRID salve. A miracle removing the bumble foot in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom