Butcher Paper?

Chicken411

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Mountain West
Has anyone here ever used butcher paper to wrap their processed poultry in? I'm trying to decide how to store my chicken and thought butcher paper with saran wrap might be one way to go. I'm just thinking if that is what a butcher uses, it must be a very effective way to store meat. My options are shrink bags or butcher paper. Whatever I use, it needs to store it well as my meat will probably not get used very quickly. Anyone who knows anything on this subject, please post.

Thanks
big_smile.png

Use shrink bags as you remove air that surrounds the meat and plastic will keep the air out so the meat will keep longer. We used to use the butcher paper years ago, but the meat soon freezer burns after just a few months.

I use the shrink wrap seal a meal. But if you use paper I would recommend Reynolds freezer paper. Put the meat on the shiny side and wrap tight with the corners folded over. Then date each package and place in large zip lock bags. I keep deer meat this way for a full year. The secret is to make it as air tight as possible.

Thanks for the tips callemin. I think we'll probably use the shrink wrap bags.

Boss-Where can I get shrink wrap bags? Do I have to order them online? I emailed and called cornerstone, but they are gone until tomorrow and I don't know if they do small orders.

Back
Top Bottom